Victoria Arduino sponsor Barista Masterclasses at the European Coffee Expo
The Barista Masterclasses (sponsored by Victoria Arduino) will bring world-class Master Baristas to the stage. Hosted by the world’s top baristas, including the current champion Agnieszka Rojewska, The Barista Masterclasses are set to entertain, educate and wow visitors.
Peter Garcia, managing director of Victoria Arduino's exclusive UK importers VA Machinery is really looking forward to next year's show. He tells us that "With some of the UK’s best baristas (including a few special guests from Europe) showcasing their skills and approach to coffee, we immediately wanted to be involved. A lot of these baristas work with Victoria Arduino equipment in their cafes everyday, so we wanted to provide them with the quality and consistency they have become accustomed to."
This year has been an exciting year for Victoria Arduino, with the launch of the new espresso grinder, the Mythos 2. Showcasing patented Gravimetric technology and innovative Clima Pro 2.0, it is a great addition to the Mythos range of grinders.
Alongside the Mythos 2, the Barista Masterclasses will be using the VA388 Black Eagle espresso machine, offering unrivalled temperature stability and brewing accuracy with our patented T3 and Gravimetric technologies.
Victoria Arduino espresso machines and grinders are focussed on improving the coffee experience by offering the most advanced espresso technologies, helping to improve consistency and efficiency while minimising wastage.
European Coffee Expo will welcome 12 top class Master Baristas to host six sessions each day, including:
- Agnieszka Rojewska, the World Barista Champion 2018 who also holds the titles of 2018 Polish Barista Champion, 2018 Polish Latte Art Champion, 2018 London Coffee Masters – Winner, 2017 New York Coffee Masters – Runner-up, and 2017 World Latte Art Championship – 3rd Place. She is also the owner of a coffee shop in Poland.
- Jimmy Dimitrov, head of training & education at Clifton Coffee Roasters - Coffee Masters London 2017, New York 2017, London 2018 finalist finalist.
- Sam Trevethyen, head of coffee & cocktails at Grind & Co, coffee mixologist and cocktail developer.
- Dan Fellows, head of wholesale at Origin Coffee, UK Coffee in Good Spirits Champion 2018 & 2019 and UK Barista Champion 2016.
- Jaoa Almeida, Head of Drinks & Operations, Elan Group & Latte Art Bar - Latte Art Champion
- Dhan Tamang, Owner, Coffee Lab - UK Latte Art Champion x 5, World Latte Art Champion 4th place 2016
- Kinga Sobczynska, Coffee Trainer, UCC – Costa Coffee Global Barista of the Year
- Stacey Canning, Harris + Hoole Coffee Champion
- Jana Slamova, National Barista Trainer, Baxter Storey - highest scoring female competitor in the finals of the 2017 UK Barista Championships
Each Master Barista will host a 45-minute session on each day, where they will demonstrate the fundamentals of coffee making, reveal the secrets behind their signature brews and amaze visitors with their skills and knowledge.
With business very much front-of-mind at European Coffee Expo, the Master Baristas will also give tips on how to avoid wastage, drive profits and get the most from the water, beans and milk (dairy and non-dairy), as well as talking about the importance of great customer service and creating retail theatre.
In addition to showing off their excellent espressos and lovely latte art, they will also be demonstrating the secrets of success with filter coffee using either manual or batch brewing methods.
At the end of the session, visitors will be invited to take part in a Q&A session.